About Me

I'm Kelsey. I'm planning on going into an architectural or materials engineering career. I have two incredibly funny puppies and I love watching movies.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Green Eggs and Hamlet

For the record, Green Eggs and Ham is a complete gold mine of a book. I completely approve of the title of this assignment. Dr. Seuss should be analyzed for AP Tests. That's a test worth $80.

1. Hamlet is by Shakespeare. There's a soliloquy that starts, "To be or not to be, that is the question." There. I've told you everything I know about Hamlet.

2. Shakespeare. Shakespeare and I go waaayyyy back, We're like this *crosses fingers to indicate closeness* (That's a reference to this movie. It's great. Watch it.) I know Shakespeare was and English bloke who wrote a lot of tragedies set in places he didn't know much about (I will admit the second half it's my own assumption but since all these supposedly "Danish" people have English names, he either didn't do his research, or he didn't give a ____) He wrote Romeo and Juliet, I know that "love story that isn't actually a love story at all" pretty well. THANKS MRS. BYRNE.

3. Because it's written in Old English and that's ridiculously hard to read/understand. Give them a translated version and the frowning goes away (I know that defeats the point, that's just the honest answer to the question.)

4. Translate it into stereotypical "gangster" talk and read it that way. I'm sure the whole class would pay attention then.

No comments:

Post a Comment