About Me

I'm Kelsey. I'm planning on going into an architectural or materials engineering career. I have two incredibly funny puppies and I love watching movies.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Poetry #1

1. "The Laughing Heart" by Charles Bukowski
2. The use of this poem for a commercial is ironic in that the company using it wants you to buy all of their brand and not be yourself.
3. I'd say his reputation doesn't fit the poem. The poem is about taking charge of your life and being true to yourself and it seems that Bukowski has a reputation for being a drunk, and a guy that doesn't care about his life.
4. I Googled "your life is your life poem" and found the name and author then Googled "charles bukowski reputation. The first link was a guy who didn't like Bukowski, in fact hated him. (He actually irritated me quite a bit by using phrases like "he was probably...") But although this guy seemed crazy, this is how he thinks of Bukowski and therefore it correlates to his reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment